cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

A flow that takes attachments from a shared mailbox and places them into a SharePoint library

Hopefully my subject line is self explanitory and does anyone know how to accomplish this?

We have a site that is scanning in a number of documents each day and want to scan directly to a SharePoint library.  Knowing this isn't possible since we are using O365, we thought a flow would work, which would work if we scanned to a personal email account then have flow pick it up from there.  Problem is we don't want to create flows for every person doing these scans as it's not very scalable and supportable.  The thought was to scan directly to a shared mailbox and have flow pick it up and place it in the SharePoint library.

Does anyone know if this is possible?  I don't think it is based on what I know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @brandonklittle,

Do you want to scan the shared mailbox inbox every day (the folder location is free to choose), and then upload the attachments to the SharePoint library?

You could take the attachment to SharePoint library when new mail is arrived in a shared mailbox.

Image reference:

30.PNG

Please take a try and feel free let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @brandonklittle,

Do you want to scan the shared mailbox inbox every day (the folder location is free to choose), and then upload the attachments to the SharePoint library?

You could take the attachment to SharePoint library when new mail is arrived in a shared mailbox.

Image reference:

30.PNG

Please take a try and feel free let me know if you have any question.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thanks Berry and that worked, but I had to add the "Get Email" in between the two steps.

Dear Barry

I have suceed to replicate this flow but then it fails every time at sharepoint step "create file using attachment" just after negative condition is triggered

The complete error report states

" InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in 'Create_file_using_attachment' action inputs on line '1' and column '2787': 'Template language function' base64ToBinary 'expects its parameter to be a string. The value provided is of type 'Null'. See https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#base64ToBinary for usage details. '.

I have given access to destination sharepoint site to the shared inbox but still it fails

Since I am running out of ideas, I was wondering wether you can help me on this

Thanks

Manuel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (70,794)