cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

A flow to change SharePoint Online Library permission

Hi,

Currently we have a tool that creates generic subsites (using a Sharepoint Online Site Template) on SharePoint Online with 5 libraries. Using the Template functionality in SharePoint online, libraries will have the same permissions on this subsite.

I want to make a flow (or another way to achieve this...?) that updates permissions on a created subsite. 

How I see this:

Trigger: when a site is created, of periodic lookup if there is a site created

Action: get libraries/lists

Action: get permissions

Action: Break permissions for specified library, and delete a usergroup from it

The Sharepoint default connector doesn't give me this options, so I have to work with the SharePoint Onlie API I gues.. Maybe someone has already made a flow like this or could help me... 🙂 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: A flow to change SharePoint Online Library permission

Hi @MightyMen,

Yes you can and you are right in that it requires calling the SP Rest API endpoints. You will need to use the 'Send an Http Request to SharePoint' action to break permissions and remove role assignment for a SP group. Below is a snapshot of Flow actions showing how you can break permissions for a library, remove and add user groups.

f1.PNG

Note that the 'copyRoleAssignments' param is set to true" in the first action. This will enable inherting permissions from the site. Also, you need to find the SP group ids (getprincipalId & principalId) you want to remove or add to that library. You can find them by navigating to the user group via Site Settings -> People and Groups and then grab the 'MembershipGroupId' query string value from the url. The 'roledefId' specifies the type of permissions you want the SP group to have on that library. Check out this post for the different values you can use. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @MightyMen,

Yes you can and you are right in that it requires calling the SP Rest API endpoints. You will need to use the 'Send an Http Request to SharePoint' action to break permissions and remove role assignment for a SP group. Below is a snapshot of Flow actions showing how you can break permissions for a library, remove and add user groups.

f1.PNG

Note that the 'copyRoleAssignments' param is set to true" in the first action. This will enable inherting permissions from the site. Also, you need to find the SP group ids (getprincipalId & principalId) you want to remove or add to that library. You can find them by navigating to the user group via Site Settings -> People and Groups and then grab the 'MembershipGroupId' query string value from the url. The 'roledefId' specifies the type of permissions you want the SP group to have on that library. Check out this post for the different values you can use. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous that's some real useful advice! I'm going to try it tomorrow! 

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

@MightyMen Great! Glad it's helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,577)