cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MaxDonen
Level: Powered On

A single flow, turned off, with hundreds of remaining 'running' statuses. Cannot appear to cancel instances manually.

I have no idea how this happened, but I noticed that sharepoint was running very slowly. It turned out that an active flow was causing a sharepoint list to be replicated again and again in a sharepoint excel doc. 

Realising which flow was responsible, I immediately turned it off...but there are hundreds of remaining active flows for it!

There's no way of stopping multiple flow instances as far as I am aware, but this has left Sharepoint crippled. Do I literally have to go through the hundreds/thousands or more of instances and turn them off? Is there not other way I can stop them all from running? 

Sharepoint will not let me delete the target file, presumably because it treats it as active whilst Sharepoint is operating on it. 

***EDIT: I have just attempted to cancel some of the flows, and even this is now ineffective (I get a green banner saying 'flow cancelled, but the flow itself is marked as still running). No idea what to do, or what is going on here.***

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: A single flow, turned off, with hundreds of remaining 'running' statuses. Cannot appear to cancel instances manually.

Hi @MaxDonen get the free Power Studio app from https://flowstudio.app/flows

You select the flow and right click it, select Get all runs. then you can select them all and cancel them in bulk.

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

MaxDonen
Level: Powered On

Re: A single flow, turned off, with hundreds of remaining 'running' statuses. Cannot appear to cancel instances manually.

Thanks for the reply. Under 'all runs', it appears that I can only select 1 flow at a time (there is only ever 1 'tick' visible on the left hand side, and there doesn't appear to be a way of selecting multiple runs. Perhaps I'm on the wrong screen? 

Super User
Super User

Or you can right click the flow in Flow Studio and select Cancel All Runs:

cancelAllRuns.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (4,731)