cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dudditz
Level 8

AI Builder - Forms Processing multiple layouts

After reading about the forms processing for invoice automation I was curious if this can be used for multiple layouts.  For example, most demonstrations focus on the same invoice however different copies all with the same layout.  Most organizations receive 100-1000s of different invoice layouts from different vendors, etc.  Is this out of scope for the current functionality?  Can you not have a model with many different invoice layouts from different vendors?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: AI Builder - Forms Processing multiple layouts

Hey @Dudditz 

I have tried building the exact same functionality but it looks like it is currently not supported in a single model. This is out of scope based on the current functionality and you will have to build a different model for each form layout that needs to be passed through the specific form recognizer model. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @Dudditz 

I have tried building the exact same functionality but it looks like it is currently not supported in a single model. This is out of scope based on the current functionality and you will have to build a different model for each form layout that needs to be passed through the specific form recognizer model. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dudditz
Level 8

Thank you for your feedback.  This is what I expected and really limits the usage to more simple requirements.

KyleGarrett
Level: Powered On

This has been my experience as well. I.e. That currently we are limited to one layout per model.

For that reason, I'm not really able to make use of AI Builder Form Processing, as in our case we have/need many layouts per model.

This functionality would be vastly more useful if it could handle multiple layouts.

Anyway, the potential is promising. Looking forward to future developments.

- Kyle

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,291)