Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cadone
Helper V
Helper V

Access name of the approver with out apply to each

Hi

This is a "Custom Responses - Wait for 1 response". So, I know there will be one approver. I need to acccess the approving person's name with out using "apply to each". When I select the approver name, the apply-to-each is automatically added. Please help.  

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 11.06.50 PM.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

meanwhile I was trying different ways. I think i figured.

And Yes, I took your advice of using a variable.

But, to avoid automatic addition of  'apply to each' i use a new variable or compose to 

outputs('Start_and_wait_for_an_approval')?['body']?['responses'][0]?['responder']?['displayName']

Thanks for the tip. now there is no unnecessary apply to each.

C1

View solution in original post

@cadone  Addition to your point for future reference- Whenever you want to create expression-Use raw input/outputs and construct your expression.

Hardesh15_0-1613241574798.png

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@cadone you can initialize one string variable and append your approver name. Later you can use that variable.

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh

@Hardesh15 

I tried it. It still adds an "apply for each" see below.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 11.38.40 PM.png

I dont want a apply for each. I know only 1 approver  will be present because i use "wait for 1 response".

Is there a code or expression to access the approver name so that it wont automatically add a "apply to each"

@cadone  it will apply it. This is the functionality. But if you already know approver email better use user profile action and fetch user details from there. 

Or tell me what you are trying to achieve from approver name?

@Hardesh

@Hardesh15 

There are multiple approvers. But any one of them can approve.   I have a column “approved by” in a sharepoint list that I want show approvers name. 

@cadone Then you should use variable here. Whoever respond first it will store their name in Variable Which you can supply in SharePoint Column.

Do not confuse with Multiple Assigned To will come into variable. You are using Responder Approval Name here.

Hardesh15_0-1613239168545.png

@Hardesh

meanwhile I was trying different ways. I think i figured.

And Yes, I took your advice of using a variable.

But, to avoid automatic addition of  'apply to each' i use a new variable or compose to 

outputs('Start_and_wait_for_an_approval')?['body']?['responses'][0]?['responder']?['displayName']

Thanks for the tip. now there is no unnecessary apply to each.

C1

@cadone  Addition to your point for future reference- Whenever you want to create expression-Use raw input/outputs and construct your expression.

Hardesh15_0-1613241574798.png

@Hardesh

I had never visited that before. I see the pattern. Wow, that would have made my life lot easier. Double thumbs up for showing this.

👍👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (2,829)