cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
b-oneal_12
Frequent Visitor

Action Failed. No dependent actions succeeded.

Hello,

I have create a flow to update a specific row inside of excel when a new form response is submitted and the flow is working. However, I am still getting these errors in the flow, see below:

b-oneal_12_0-1623263131356.png

Could someone please assist?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @b-oneal_12,

The Apply to each 2 action shows that you have two items which you are updating.

Can you click either Next Failed or Next to see if the Update a row for the second item failed and with which error?

I just finished testing this flow again after I redesigned it and it appears to be working now:

b-oneal_12_0-1623345243645.png

Here is the issue that I am seeing now, when a user fills out the MS form and does not select any content in a certain section of the form, the excel sheet updates those specific rows to be blank instead of leaving the old content. Is there any way around this? I found the if() formula, but I do not know how to use it.

Thank you for any assistance!

ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@b-oneal_12 

Take a look at the coalesce() expression.

Coalesce will allow you to supply a value if your value is null.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Thank you for a quick response! I have 2 questions: where inside of the flow would this go? I have never used this function before. Also, do you have an example of how the formula would look in this case?

Best,

Brian

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (1,340)