cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isabasu
Level: Powered On

Action: Remove Flow Approval - the request api version does not support environments?

Hey there

I'd like to use the action "Remove Flow Approval". As I understand it would cancel open Approvals pending by a specific user. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that this action is pretty new, but I always receive an error:

{
  "error": {
    "code": "ApiVersionDoesNotSupportEnvironments",
    "message": "The request api version does not support environments."
  }
}

The action looks like below:

2019-08-08 17_02_11-Edit your flow _ Microsoft Flow.png

Is anyone else facing this issue or am I doing something wrong? 🙂

Cheers

9 REPLIES 9
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Action: Remove Flow Approval - the request api version does not support environments?

Hi @isabasu,

Have you run this feature successfully before? What value do you put in the variable?

Your error message is the request API does not support environments, so you may hard to access your target.

Do you want to cancel the approval of the assigned user who has not responded after a during of time, like 1 day?

Maybe you can set the Time out in the Approval action setting:

Annotation 2019-08-09 145824.png

Annotation 2019-08-09 145839.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

isabasu

Re: Action: Remove Flow Approval - the request api version does not support environments?

Hey @v-litu-msft , thanks for your reply.

No, I never used this action before.

The variable contains a UPN.

I'd like to cancel the approval as soon as a variable is set to true. Unfortunately, I can't work with time (e.g. 1 day) here.

Kind regards,

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @isabasu,

If you want to cancel approval manually, you can cancel it at the approval center, just like this:

Annotation 2019-08-09 152729.png

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

isabasu

@v-litu-msft 

I don't want to cancel each approval manually, that's not an option.

It needs to be automated which is why I wanted to use the action "Remove Flow Approval".

Do you have the same issue on your tenant or does it work?

isabasu

I was just wondering whether what I've typed into the environment field was correct or if it is requesting some other value. Can anyone confirm that?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @isabasu,

Sorry for the reply delay, you can take the environment name from Admin center, then get the value from the site ( Redline marked ).Annotation 2019-08-15 170940.png

Please have a try, I hope it can help you.

Best Regards,

isabasu

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, it didn't help. It's actually the same name I used in my first post.

Highlighted
lkaspar

Hi @isabasu 

did you ever get this to work? I am facing the same issue and the documentation at docs.microsoft.com is not very helpful.

Environment Name
environmentTruestring

Name field of the Environment.

Field userId
userIdTruestring

Flow user principal object ID.

@v-litu-msft can you give an example of parameters for this action?

Regards

Lukas

isabasu

Hi @lkaspar 

I opened a ticket with Microsoft. They stated that this is an issue with their connector leading to a complete workover of the connector. Initially, the wanted to publish it worldwide by the end of September but ran into some issues. Now they don't have a date anymore 😞

I guess we'll just have to wait quite a while for this now 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users online (3,526)