cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hilmanK

(Action 'Set_variable' failed) when running multiple flow.

The process would work perfectly fine if it is running one per 30 sec or so. But when multiple flow run is initiated at around the same time this error would occur.

Additionally, I had set the concurrency control has been set to limit of 1.

What I want to do is to use a variable as a number to create a reference number with the variable's value, where it would reset if certain conditions are met. And saving the variable into a column (tempNum) which would be use for the next run.

so the flow would be like this.

create item ---->    create variable id  ---->   get previous entry (tempNum)  ----> set variable id (tempNum) ----> generate id ----> increment id ----> store variable id value.

flow 1flow 1pic 2.PNG

The error would occur during setting the variable id with the previous data'a (tempNum), after the get item process.

I've downloaded the outputs and discovered that when multiple flow is runned at the around the same time, the value from (tempNum) would not be called. But if only one flow is being runned, the (tempNum) value is called.

ErrorError

I would very much appreciate if anyone could help in providing more insight into this. I have only been using power automate for a week or two, and is unable to find the solution to this. Thank You

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,890)