cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chmillion
Microsoft
Microsoft

Action 'Translate_text' failed

Attempting to translate a doc copied to my Onedrive from English to French.  However the flow errors out and give me the message in the Subject header.  Below is the screen shot of the flow, and the error.

Please help...

chmillion_0-1622742659305.pngchmillion_1-1622742896500.png

8 REPLIES 8
powercorner
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hello @chmillion ,

the file content of an file is the raw information with is not base64 encoded. You should encode it first and then translate the string.

EDIT: 

Ups now I understood what you are trying to achieve. This is not possible without any third party by now.
Encodian offers you to translate the word into text. then you could translate the text and save it back into a word:
Convert Word – Encodian Customer Help

WIth regards
Kevin

convert before and after.  will give that a shot...

Hey @chmillion 

you would need to convert the word before the translation. 

Then translate the content to your language.

The output of your tranlation is probably a string right?

Then you would need to get the string somehow into a word again.

Therefore I would suggest the following appraoch:

1. You create a word template and insert quick parts or content control fields into the word. 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/about-content-controls-283b1e29-0b77-4781-b236-2d02c1cce1...

2. When you prepared the word template save it somewhere in your SP or Onedrive.
3. In the flow you can use the "Populate a Word template" action:
Generate Word documents in your flows | Power Automate-Blog (microsoft.com)

4. and then add the translated text to your template. FIN!

With regards
Kevin

rufus

Thanks Kevin, I was able to successfully translate with the implementation of Codien solution with a doc that was 16kb.  When I attempted translating the full doc (1.3mb) I am getting the same size error even after adding a 'Global' Microsoft Translator Text api key, which should fix any inherent throttling.  Any pointers here as I am at a loss. 

thanks...

Hey @rufus ,

is it the same error? Because you are mentioning "size error"? Can you screenshot it?

@chmillion : Did this solve your problem?

With regards

Kevin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution”. This will help the whole community. If I could help you out please give my post a Thumbs Up. 🙂

chmillion_0-1623076284324.jpeg

hello @chmillion , @rufus 

which pricing tier are you using? Maybe you exceeded the limits?

powercorner_0-1623578959655.png

rufus

I switched to the 'S1 Standard' pay as you go and selected 'Global' for region.  None of those changes have made a difference in the error received.  Please help @powercorner 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (962)