cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action 'Wait_for_an_approval' failed

Hello,

I set up an approval flow to send approval requests to two approvers on Teams. This is on  a 'First to respond' basis.

I have the following problems:

1. Both approvers don't get requests at the same time (Requests are however received at the same time on email)
  2. The other approver only gets the request on Teams after a response from the other guy.
  3. Action 'Wait_for_an_approval' failed eventhough you can see it has a green checkmark.

Does this mean that I can only send approval requests to one approver on Teams instead of more?Annotation 2020-03-08 190306.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Hi
Can you share a screenshot of your flow design? It seems the problem is that you are using an
Apply to each, meaning if iteration with first user does not finish, the iteration with the second one does not start. Also 'Wait for an approval' should not be inside the Apply to Each since it shoud be executed only once... it should be after the Apply to Each (outside)
Thanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User III
Super User III

Hi
Can you share a screenshot of your flow design? It seems the problem is that you are using an
Apply to each, meaning if iteration with first user does not finish, the iteration with the second one does not start. Also 'Wait for an approval' should not be inside the Apply to Each since it shoud be executed only once... it should be after the Apply to Each (outside)
Thanx!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Hello,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Here you go. The part I've shared takes place after an item is added to a sharepoint list. I have two approvers under 'Create an approval'

Annotation 2020-03-08 193122.png

Hi!

I just realized you marked my reply as solution. So, you finally solved the issue and do not need additional help, right?

If so, thanx for your kindness and Happy Flowing!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hello @efialttes ,

Thanks for your help. I have also learnt something new!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (58,244)