cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlanHamaoui
Level: Power Up

ActionFailed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded.

Hello,

I have a Flow that I created from scratch and am getting the error "ActionFailed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded.", however, the Flow executes exactly as it should, meaning, it does what it was programmed to do.

It seems that the error occurs whenever 'final approval' times out. I set 'final approval' to time out after 1 week and set the 'configure run after' for 'send approval request to leadership if final approval times out' to "has timed out".   

The 'configure run after' for 'final approval condition' is set to "is successful". 

However, whenever 'final approval' times out, the rest of the flow executes successfully but i get a 'flow failed error'. When reviewing the error, 'final approval condition' has a message that reads 'ActionConditionFailed'.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Pictures of flow attached. Approval Flow errors.PNGApproval Flow.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AlanHamaoui

Re: ActionFailed. An action failed. No dependent actions succeeded.

Solution:

Add a 'compose' action at the end that joins both branches together. Set the 'configure run after' for the 'compose' action to "is successful" and "is skipped" for both conditions (image attached). 

solution.PNG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Yes. This happens and its a bit frustrating.

It is really a false-positive as It has actually run correctly.  I "think" you can get aroudn this by putting an Action at the very end of your Flow. Just a simple Compose action or something like that. I am pretty sure in my own Flows that makes the Flow complete with a success.

- Mark

AlanHamaoui

@MarkStokes wrote:

Yes. This happens and its a bit frustrating.

It is really a false-positive as It has actually run correctly.  I "think" you can get aroudn this by putting an Action at the very end of your Flow. Just a simple Compose action or something like that. I am pretty sure in my own Flows that makes the Flow complete with a success.

- Mark

Mark,

You are exactly right, it is a false positive. I did a little digging before seeing your answer and you are partly right. Adding a 'compose' action at the end that joins both branches together does work, however, you need to set the 'configure run after' for the 'compose' action to "is successful" and "is skipped" for both conditions (image attached). 

Thanks for the help!solution.PNGSolution

AlanHamaoui

Solution:

Add a 'compose' action at the end that joins both branches together. Set the 'configure run after' for the 'compose' action to "is successful" and "is skipped" for both conditions (image attached). 

solution.PNG

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Awesome.

Good stuff.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,610)