Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ScottJM
Level: Powered On

Adaptive Cards in Flow Ideas/Inspiration

Hello All,

Just wanted to know how people are integrating Adaptive cards into Flow and what uses they serve. I want to start using them more but don't know where to start or what to use them on they just seem rather interesting. The Samples on the Microsoft site jost grab images and post typed out data, i wanted to know if it's possible to grab data from other places in a flow and display them. Such as if an Excel is added to OneDrive grab some data plot a graph and display it. Don't know how much of this is possible and just wanted to know whats out there.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Adaptive Cards in Flow Ideas/Inspiration

@ScottJM 

Adaptive cards are great fun and a super way to engage users.  I feel they go well with chatbots and wrote an article about tying in AtBot, Luis (natural language), Adaptive Cards, and an HTTP GET (I used Yelp in my example, but you could use anything, really)...all without knowing how to code.

You can totally present data from other steps in your cards, and there are loads of options for you.

You've got the right idea by looking at examples.  Get in there and make something and that will inspire other things. 🙂

Keep us posted!

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@ScottJM 

Adaptive cards are great fun and a super way to engage users.  I feel they go well with chatbots and wrote an article about tying in AtBot, Luis (natural language), Adaptive Cards, and an HTTP GET (I used Yelp in my example, but you could use anything, really)...all without knowing how to code.

You can totally present data from other steps in your cards, and there are loads of options for you.

You've got the right idea by looking at examples.  Get in there and make something and that will inspire other things. 🙂

Keep us posted!

-Ed-

If this reply has answered your question or resolved your challenge, please consider marking it as a Solution. This helps other users find it more easily via search.

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Hi @ScottJM, an old-ish thread but I've just started using adaptive cards to post a news item to Teams. I've put a a button on our SharePoint Site Pages library and when we publish a news item to the site we then click the button and Power Automate kicks in and posts a nicely-formatted adaptive card in the Teams channel. It means we can make sure that we can post news to staff via multiple channels but that we never duplicate work/content. I just wish I could do it to Yammer as well.

0- sp-list-button-v2.png

1-Adaptive-Card-v2.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,067)