cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kimabra

Add E-Mail as attachment to automatic e-mails

Hi everyone,

I am fairly new to Power Automate and this forum. If it's the wrong place, please move my question.

I'm building a flow right now, where I am checking a list for due dates and if the due dates are 7 days away from today, I am sending out e-mails to everyone with the respective due date to get an update if a account is still needed. That works well so far.

I now want to add an e-mail template "template.msg" in my automated e-mails. Doing so the recipients can just double click on the attached e-mail and send back their reply. I created the template, but I am unable so far to attach the template in my e-mails. 

So what I am looking for basically is a flow to upload my template.msg from sharepoint and then attach this template to my automatic "Send an email".

Does anyone have an idea?

Best regards 🙂   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
srduval
Super User
Super User

you should be able to do a get file contents action, then once you've found the file in question, use the output from that step as the attachment content. Then your name just needs to be whatever you want it called plus the .msg extension. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
srduval
Super User
Super User

you should be able to do a get file contents action, then once you've found the file in question, use the output from that step as the attachment content. Then your name just needs to be whatever you want it called plus the .msg extension. 

kimabra

That was straight forward and simple. It works, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,172)