cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RolleRob
Regular Visitor

Add Groups to SharePoint lists and libraries?

Hi,

I have two Power Automate issues that I’m trying to resolve.

My MS Teams Site has 60+ Document Libraries, some of them with unique permissions. I want to use Power Automate to filter all of the libraries with unique permissions and then add an existing SharePoint permission group to those libraries.

I haven’t been able to find a way to query for unique permissions or add Permission Groups to List and Libraries.

There is a SharePoint Action “Get all lists and libraries”, I can use this to get all the library Names and GUIDs. Is there a way to look at the permissions for them?

I can use the SharePoint Action “Grant access to an item or a folder” to add individual users to the libraries, is there an HTTP request to add groups?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
annajhaveri
Super User
Super User

@RolleRob  i think you will need to use REST API to check if document library has unique permission or not and also assign permission to group on the library. You can use Send HTTP request to SharePoint action to use REST API. As a starting point you can use the blog https://www.annajhaveri.com/power-automate/set-unique-permissions-for-item-in-sharepoint-using-power... where it is described to set permissions for item using REST API via Power Automate, you will need to tweak the REST API a little to make it working for document library, i can assist further on how to do it, if you are unsure on how to do it.

Regards,
Anna Jhaveri

If I have answered your question, please mark the post as Solved to help other users to identify the correct answer
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (1,837)