cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add Quote link in Approval email

Hi All,

I have created a flow that sends an approval email whenever a quote is activated in D365 but after sending the email the quote link is not showing in the email, am using wbt_quoteurl . Please assist

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Is wbt_quoteurl a custom field in Dynamics? Are you able to post some screenshots of your Flow actions and we will be able to assist further.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please see screenshots attached
setup.JPGsetup2.JPG

Hi @Anonymous , did you try with a text in the "Item link description" field? That's what should show up in the mail with the link you save in the "Item link" field.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

When I try with a text in the "Item link description" field and any hard coded link in the Item link field it displays in the approval email correctly, but now how do I put the correct link to that particular quote for the user to review before approving

Regards

Hi @Anonymous 

Have you confirmed that the Dynamic property wbt_quoteurl has a value and this value is being passed to Flow correctly? I have had flows fail in the past when triggered by Dynamics/CDS as the trigger only seems to capture the fields that changed as part of the update. If this is the case then you will have to add an additional action (immediately after the trigger) to get the full record from Dynamics using the guid available in the trigger's outputs. Then use the wbt_quoteurl property from this Get Record action instead.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Follow me on Twitter at @QG_LeeJHarris

Or on LinkedIn at in/leejharris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (8,906)