Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milo1234
Helper III
Helper III

Add a planner task due date that excludes weekends

can someone help with my flow please? 

I have a due date set to 3 days from the start date however I want it to exclude weekends. 

This is my flow:

milo1234_0-1622639761755.png

milo1234_1-1622639769505.png

milo1234_2-1622639778979.png

milo1234_3-1622639784793.png

5 REPLIES 5
Rahber
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

there is this function which is called dayOfWeek . if day of week is 0 or 6 that means its Saturday and Sunday.

So when you get today and the next 3 days having 0 or 6 in them you add 1 or 2 days depending on the value you get from dayOfWeek.

Example

Today is Friday that means its day of week 5 so this means you need to add 5 days instead of 3

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

milo1234
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @Rahber thank you for this. Are you able to incorporate this into my current flow please as I am a beginner with Power Automate? It would be much appreciated. 

Before you create a task. Add a multi condition if. and use these conditions.

(dayOfWeek = 3 or 6 add 4 days OR if dayofWeek is 4 or 5 add 5 days else add 3 days) 

Please click Accept as Solution if it resolved your problem or give it a Thumbs Up if it helped you in anyway this will allow other people to search correct solutions effectively.

Thanks,
Rahber

@Rahber Sorry this doesn't help me much. Would you be able to mock up a quick example please? 

milo1234
Helper III
Helper III

@Rahber I have done this another way where you add 5 days if received date equals to 3 (Wednesday), and add 4 days if received date equals to 4 (Thursday), else add 3 days. 

I am getting an error message however not sure how to resolve - please find attached.

evidence2.pngevidenc.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,682)