cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lena
Level: Power Up

Add a user to a filled multiselect people field

Hi Flow Community,

I want to add the add one user to a filled multiselect people field. So that the new content of that SharePoint-entry consists of the old people and the new person. I tried to create an array, but the result ist, that there is not entry in the SharePoint-list after the flow ran threw.

Do you have any idea how to solve this Problem? 

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Add a user to a filled multiselect people field

Hey!

Please refer to the screenshot below. 

You should initialise an array to first get the names that are already there in the field and then append any new names to the variable array in the next step. 

Later, in the update sharepoint item, click on the option to add an entire array (i have circled that out in the screenshot)ssspp.png

Hope this Helps!

Thanks. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi, Can you please share a screenshot of the flow to better understand and assist you with this?

Thanks,

lena

Screenshot

lena

multiselect.png

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi, 

In the post you mentioned that you wanted to create a new user in the list on sharepoint. But in your flow, you have chosen trigger as "When an item is created or modified in Sharepoint" -> you mention that you are creating an array but you are using the compose action and you have added the other sharepoint fields into that. Lastly, you are choosing the Update item action and updating the already existing sharepoint item. 

As I understand, you are trying to add another user (the one who created the item or modified it) to an already existing share point item. Please refer to the sreenshot of the flow below and you should be able to do it. 

fffff.png

Thanks, 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

lena

Yes, but there already are other useres in that multiselect people field and I just want to add one more user.  So that  there are the useres that were in that multiselect field before plus the user that changed the item.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey!

Please refer to the screenshot below. 

You should initialise an array to first get the names that are already there in the field and then append any new names to the variable array in the next step. 

Later, in the update sharepoint item, click on the option to add an entire array (i have circled that out in the screenshot)ssspp.png

Hope this Helps!

Thanks. 

View solution in original post

lena

Thank you very much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Users Online
Currently online: 144 members 5,065 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: