cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pmarino100
Regular Visitor

Add all rows to Excel master file from incoming email attachments

Hello All,

I have a Flow that saves Excel spreadsheets from email (O365) attachments to OneDrive for Business.  I would like to update a master Excel file with all the rows from these Excel spreadsheets when they are saved to OneDrive.  Is this possible?  If not, would it be possible if I saved the email attachments to SharePoint instead?  Note that the Excel attachments are not in table format and each spreadsheet has a variable number of rows.  The master Excel file is in table format.

Thank You

2 REPLIES 2
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @Pmarino100 

For the Excel connector to read the excel file, it is required that the spreadsheet contains data formatted as an appropriate table. So if you save it on SharePoint or on OneDrive as long as the data is not formatted as a table, the excel connector in flow will not be able to read it. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Hi Yashag2255,

Thanks for your input.  I was finally able to do this by adding a Create Table step and choosing a large table range to accommodate the largest numbers of rows I expect to come through from the email attachments.  I then added a condition to the end of the Flow to only add rows with data to the master file.  The other difficulty was in getting the table variables to come through with no permanent file to pull from.  This was accomplished by following the suggestion from LuisGuzman98 on this post:  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/List-rows-present-in-table-dynamic-content-not-ap....

Thank You

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,291)