cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Add existing flows to Solutions

This is still an issue.

I am unable to add existing Flows to a solution.

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Likewise.  It would be helpful if someone from Microsoft would clarify what is currently supported.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yup, pretty weird. I can create an "instant flow" inside a solution, but a) I can't add an existing "instant flow" from My Flows to a solution, and b) I can't copy an "instant flow" that's already in a solution and keep the copy inside the solution using the SAVE AS function.  So, if I want to have multiple "instant flows" that are only slightly different, inside the same solution, I have to create each one from scratch.

Ridiculousness.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

This is definitely not resolved

New Sharepoint related Flows can be created within solutions, but existing Sharepoint Flows still cannot be added to them.  This is really unfortunate, since most of our existing flows have Sharepoint triggers or Sharepoint actions.

Also, I have several CDS triggered Flows that I have built within a solution, and they migrate just fine.  However, if I hit "Save As" on one of these Flows, the newly created Flow is no longer "solution aware", that is, it cannot be added to a solution.  My use case for this is that I have a Flow that updates items from a CoreHR CDS entity in a sandbox environment to Dynamics CE Contact in a different sandbox.  I now want to reproduce this Flow with a production to production connection. 

I don't want to totally recreate this Flow to make a couple minor changes like selecting new environments.  Because of this limitation, some of my Flows are in "My Flows", and others are inside the solution and not visible in "My Flows".  It is obnoxious trying to keep track of them in two places in the same environment.

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Re: This is definitely not resolved

Yeah me too.

All of my flows are have canvas trigger.

Solutions looks like a good way to organize my flows. BUT, i don't want to recreate all my flows.

This has to be fixed.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi, @SamPo (and everyone else). I keep running into this situation as well - I can't add a new manually-triggered flow into an existing solution. This is especially frustrating since child flows must be manually-triggered and therefore are difficult to copy. Here is the method I'm using to copy an existing manually-triggered flow and import it into my solution:

1. Open the details screen of the flow you wish to copy.
  2. Click the Save As button.
  3. Give it a new name, and click Save.
  4. Go to your My Flows section, and the new flow should be there in a disabled state.​
  5. Go into the details page, and click Edit.
  6. Delete the Manually Trigger a Flow trigger.
    1. Note: this will delete any variables which this trigger contained. This is why I always recommend not using trigger variables directly (see this YT video for more details).
  7. ​Select the Power Virtual Agents > When Power Virtual Agents calls a flow trigger.
    1. We use this as it requires no inputs to be defined.
  8. ​Save the flow.
  9. Go back to the Solutions section and select the solution into which you want to import the copied flow.
  10. Click Add Existing > Flow > Outside Solutions.
  11. Select your flow and click Add.​
  12. Edit the flow and swap out the trigger with the Manually Trigger a Flow trigger.
  13. Fix any trigger variables which were wiped out during the copy operation.

Hope this helps someone!

Best,
J.C.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@fireflying ,

Good thing I revisited this thread. Thank you for sharing. It worked for me.

Regards,

Daniel

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @fireflying. It worked for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Users online (5,789)