cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreenThrumbo
Frequent Visitor

Add rows to Sharepoint excel file

I currently have a flow in mind that i intend to automate but i am stuck and im not sure if this is a limitation of power automate or not. 

Trigger: When a new response is submitted on microsoft forms 

What I hope for the flow to achieve: 
1) Append forms results onto an excel template on sharepoint

2) Save the excel template as a new file on sharepoint so the new file contains the results for one form entry only

current problems:

1) I am unable to add rows to a file on sharepoint, and only can do so on the excel file on my desktop. so my progress is currently stuck at the initial stage. 
2) I cant just import the table onto sharepoint as the excel template i have contains some layout (somewhat like an order form) that i want to retain

1 REPLY 1
beebul
Advocate III
Advocate III

This Flow works for me saving the new submission as an item in an Excel that lives in a SharePoint doc library...

It's just based on this template: https://australia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/a8fe18d6de56498686db35d5cbde5a...

Bare in mind your Excel must have a table defined in the worksheet for this to work.

I think we need a little more info on your second problem. Screenshot?

2021-03-05_15-37-41.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,177)