cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreenThrumbo
Frequent Visitor

Add rows to Sharepoint excel file

I currently have a flow in mind that i intend to automate but i am stuck and im not sure if this is a limitation of power automate or not. 

Trigger: When a new response is submitted on microsoft forms 

What I hope for the flow to achieve: 
1) Append forms results onto an excel template on sharepoint

2) Save the excel template as a new file on sharepoint so the new file contains the results for one form entry only

current problems:

1) I am unable to add rows to a file on sharepoint, and only can do so on the excel file on my desktop. so my progress is currently stuck at the initial stage. 
2) I cant just import the table onto sharepoint as the excel template i have contains some layout (somewhat like an order form) that i want to retain

1 REPLY 1
beebul
Advocate III
Advocate III

This Flow works for me saving the new submission as an item in an Excel that lives in a SharePoint doc library...

It's just based on this template: https://australia.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/a8fe18d6de56498686db35d5cbde5a...

Bare in mind your Excel must have a table defined in the worksheet for this to work.

I think we need a little more info on your second problem. Screenshot?

2021-03-05_15-37-41.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,731)