cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DivyaRhoda
Frequent Visitor

Adding Sharepoint list or library as Owner

Hi,

I have added a sharepoint list as owner for a power automate (refer image 1). Image 2 is taken from user's account who has edit access in the list but the power automate name is not shown under power automate option. It would be helpful to know is it default behavior or can it be rectified. Thanks in advance.Image 1Image 1Image 2Image 2

7 REPLIES 7
Jcook
MVP

Hello @DivyaRhoda 

Does the user have access to the flow?

try sharing with them.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Hi @Jcook 

Thanks for the reply.

Power automate is not directly shared with any user, as there are so many users having Edit access or more to list, we added the list as owner which we assumed that, it will provide access to those users to trigger Power automate from list.

Hi,

I have added a sharepoint list as run only users. By the definition of run only users, even users with read access should run the Power automate but not in my case. 
After adding Sharepoint list as co owner, user having edit access is not able to trigger the Power automate. And adding the list as run only users user having read access is not able to trigger the Power automate.
It would be better if anyone faced the same issue and can give me a solution. Thanks

Based on this Microsoft Guide, (which could of been written better IMHO), when you want to add a list of "co-owners" into your Power Automate project from a SharePoint list....

• Go into your SharePoint site and on the top right click the members link (as shown below), and add your members as editors for the site. 

kensley_0-1596720636893.png

• Also, once in your list, go to list settings -> Permissions for this list, to then confirm that these editors also have access to edit on your custom list.

kensley_0-1596721097512.png

The key thing that gives it away from the Microsoft Guide I provided above is when Microsoft said...

"Now all users that have read/write access to the Document library automatically have permissions to run the flow from the Flow menu in SharePoint."

Once you confirm that the users have the proper permissions in your SharePoint Site and List, then go back into Power Automate to add the list as you originally described. Hopefully this is a start for understanding how the "co-owner" process works in Power Automate.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I have a user who has edit access to site and a custom list. And I have added the list as co owner to a power automate. Now tried to trigger the Power automate from User's account, but user is not able to see power automate name in power automate section, and not able to trigger the same. Can you let me know am I the only one facing this issue and provide a solution.

@DivyaRhoda 

SharePoint is usually tied to a Office365 group. Is the user a part of this group?

Try adding them if not

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Check out my blog for Power Automate tips,
tricks, and guides
FlowAltDelete

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
I have added the user to o365 group where the particular group is having edit access to the library. Still the user is not able to trigger the Power automate.
Can anyone add a sharepoint list/library as co owner and try to trigger power automate with edit access to the list (Without SCA). This is the scenario I'm stuck in. Any suggestions to this testing will be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,513)