Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iamglt
Helper V
Helper V

Adding a dynamic link which includes the ID of the SharePoint record

Hi,

I have created a workflow using the Send an email notification (V3) to send out a notification when a new record has been created in Powerapps (which has a data source of a SharePoint list).

I am now trying to add a Deep link directly back to the item, so the user opening the record from the email notification can go directly to the record that's referenced.  The following code is what I have used in the Body section of the Email notification:

Iamglt_0-1614810453842.png

So when I run the workflow and send it as a test to myself, the link just shows up as text.  Can anyone advise how to get this working?  I have tried the link function and it converted the body of the email into HTML, which I could not switch back to non-HTML mode.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

G.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Iamglt
Helper V
Helper V

Ok after some more testing the insert link does work, and the Body of the Send Email Notification does not convert to HTML - not sure what I was doing wrong.

Also as a side note, when I put a link into the 'Send Email Notification v3' our Spam filter rejected it because it was using the SendGrid email service.  So I changed the email notification Office 365 outlook email notification and it worked without a problem.

Iamglt_0-1614816605332.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Iamglt
Helper V
Helper V

Ok after some more testing the insert link does work, and the Body of the Send Email Notification does not convert to HTML - not sure what I was doing wrong.

Also as a side note, when I put a link into the 'Send Email Notification v3' our Spam filter rejected it because it was using the SendGrid email service.  So I changed the email notification Office 365 outlook email notification and it worked without a problem.

Iamglt_0-1614816605332.png

View solution in original post

Message to Microsft Guys:  Please change the name of the Mail Icon to SendGrid Mail

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,182)