Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iamglt
Helper V
Helper V

Adding a dynamic link which includes the ID of the SharePoint record

Hi,

I have created a workflow using the Send an email notification (V3) to send out a notification when a new record has been created in Powerapps (which has a data source of a SharePoint list).

I am now trying to add a Deep link directly back to the item, so the user opening the record from the email notification can go directly to the record that's referenced.  The following code is what I have used in the Body section of the Email notification:

Iamglt_0-1614810453842.png

So when I run the workflow and send it as a test to myself, the link just shows up as text.  Can anyone advise how to get this working?  I have tried the link function and it converted the body of the email into HTML, which I could not switch back to non-HTML mode.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

G.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Iamglt
Helper V
Helper V

Ok after some more testing the insert link does work, and the Body of the Send Email Notification does not convert to HTML - not sure what I was doing wrong.

Also as a side note, when I put a link into the 'Send Email Notification v3' our Spam filter rejected it because it was using the SendGrid email service.  So I changed the email notification Office 365 outlook email notification and it worked without a problem.

Iamglt_0-1614816605332.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Iamglt
Helper V
Helper V

Ok after some more testing the insert link does work, and the Body of the Send Email Notification does not convert to HTML - not sure what I was doing wrong.

Also as a side note, when I put a link into the 'Send Email Notification v3' our Spam filter rejected it because it was using the SendGrid email service.  So I changed the email notification Office 365 outlook email notification and it worked without a problem.

Iamglt_0-1614816605332.png

View solution in original post

Message to Microsft Guys:  Please change the name of the Mail Icon to SendGrid Mail

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Users online (2,223)