Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Otto_Luvpuppy
Frequent Visitor

Adding a link in an email to reset at date in a SharePoint List

Hi,

I'm going around in circles here.

I have a PA flow that looks for dates in a SharePoint list to be past an agreed point. It then sends and email to the user to encourage them to update the data and has a link to take them to a PowerApp so they can edit it if need be. This all works fine...no issues.
However, I want another 'click here' link in the email to allow the user to simple update the 'Last Updated Date' column to utcNow() if they know their data is fine and doesn't need updating...it will save them going into the App simply to click 'okay'. I can't seem to figure this one out. I've tried going down the Solution route and creating a Parent and Child Flow, with the Parent sending the Item ID to the Child, but I'm having no luck at all. Can't figure out how to trigger a flow from an email.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul 

2 REPLIES 2
PG_WorXz10
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@Otto_Luvpuppy 

If you want you can try Email with options for this scenario 

If this post was helpful or you need more help please consider giving Thumbs Up and Tag me in your reply I'll be happy to help. If this post helped you solve your issue please click Accept as solution and provide Thumbs Up. This will help others find it more readily.

Thanks for the prompt reply....I've not tried this method....I will give it a go and see how I get on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,875)