cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nvargas
Microsoft
Microsoft

Adding a watermark to a word document when a new file is loaded to a Sharepoint folder

Hello all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to use Power Automate to do the following:

1. When a word document is saved to a particular SharePoint folder, copy the word document from that Sharepoint folder to another SharePoint Folder (the original document would have a password on it) I know this part is possible I just wanted to give the whole scenario
  2. Then access that copy, unlock it, add in a watermark, lock it again, and then save it.

If it is possible, how would I go about that?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
The_blue
Helper III
Helper III

Hi, did you ever solve the watermark part of this?

AnjelikaCh
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @nvargas ,

I believe it's doable with Plumsail Documents. It has an 'Add watermark' action. You can build a kind of such flow:

AnjelikaCh_0-1624030813056.png

For unlocking and locking files add Update files properties. 

Note: Plumsail is a paid solution, but a free trial is available.

Jay-Encodian
Community Champion
Community Champion

@nvargas 

The Encodian connector covers both adding both image and text watermarks to Microsoft Word Documents:

The following post covers how to use these actions in detail and provides an instructional video: https://www.encodian.com/blog/add-watermarks-to-microsoft-word-documents-with-power-automate/

Note: This is also a third-party licensed connector but there is also a 'Free' subscription tier available

HTH

Jay

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,986)