cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Adding an Attachment to an Approval Email In Flow

Hi -- I am having trouble attaching documents to approval emails. I have followed the instructions that I have seen on this forum and others for how to attach files to emails using flow. However, when I recieve the email, there is no document attached to it, and the email is totally corrupted. Is this possible to do using flow? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi sraschh,

You can put this idea in our idea forum, https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas, I'll also sync up with our flow team to let them know this problem. sorry for the inconvienience

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi sraschh,

I have also tried the sharepoint->send approval email, it doesn't attachment either, I think it's the limitation for approval email.

When I just use the send email, it works, 

email-attachment.png

are you able to create a seperate new action send email to include the attachment?

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi - Thank you for your feedback. I just tested this, and I am able to add an attachment to an email using flow if you use a standard email instead of the approval email. However, I am looking to figure out if this is a temporary glitch or it's something that Microsoft is working on building out further? It seems to me that an approval email is less useful if you can't attach a document to be approved? 

Thank you! 

Highlighted

Hi sraschh,

You can put this idea in our idea forum, https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas, I'll also sync up with our flow team to let them know this problem. sorry for the inconvienience

Thanks

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no problems adding the attachment in the Flow generated email, but no matter what attachement that I add (excel, word, csv) none of them will open. They all say "Excel cannot open the file "Testing Flow.xlxs' because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and the file extension matches the format of the file."

Any suggestions?

Highlighted

I see this was an issue back in Sept of 2016.  Have the whiz kids in Microsoft figured out how to attach a file to an approval email?

I have a new project and this is a show stopper if i can't attach a file to an approval email.

Let me know if this has been resolved?

Derek

Highlighted

Anyone had anyjoy with this?

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Has this capability been added to Flow yet?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,741)