cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
famcanico10
Regular Visitor

Adding co-owner to Power Automate

Hi,

I have a few Power Automates which are owned by my named user account. I added a service account as a co-owner to those flows. What will happen if I leave the project and my user account is disabled and the Power Automate license has been removed from it? Will the flows stop working or will it continue to work since it shared with the service account?

Just to add, the actions within the Flows use connections which are authenticated by the service account's credentials.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CFernandes
Super User III
Super User III

Hey Mate,

Adding another owner allows others to edit, update and delete this flow. All owners can also access the run history and add or remove other owners.

>>What will happen if I leave the project and my user account is disabled and the Power Automate license has been removed from it? Will the flows stop working or will it continue to work since it shared with the service account?

If the shared flow still has an active owner, the flow will continue to run.

If the flow uses any active or embedded connections that belong to the user who has left the organization, those specific actions might fail but in your case as it is running user the service account that should not be problem.

But it is fails, to fix this, update the credentials with reference to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/create-team-flows#modify-a-connection 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
CFernandes
Super User III
Super User III

Hey Mate,

Adding another owner allows others to edit, update and delete this flow. All owners can also access the run history and add or remove other owners.

>>What will happen if I leave the project and my user account is disabled and the Power Automate license has been removed from it? Will the flows stop working or will it continue to work since it shared with the service account?

If the shared flow still has an active owner, the flow will continue to run.

If the flow uses any active or embedded connections that belong to the user who has left the organization, those specific actions might fail but in your case as it is running user the service account that should not be problem.

But it is fails, to fix this, update the credentials with reference to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/create-team-flows#modify-a-connection 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

thank you so much for your inputs! 

Cheers Mate...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Users online (84,268)