cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding days to planner tasks using dynamic content

Hi All,

I have a Flow setup that will import one of four tables from an excel spreadsheet and create tasks in a planner. There are four tables (Monthly, Quarterly, Semi-Annually, Annually) depending on the interval of the tasks. I want to set the Due Date for these tasks using the first instance of the task. So in the Monthly Table, I have the due date for the first month. When I import the Monthly Table for the second month I want to add 30 days to the due date using the Flow. Then for month three add 60 days, month four 90 days, and so on.

I tried using the addDays expression, but that seems to only work if I am pulling the the current time at creation of the tasks. Please let me know if you have any ideas that I could try. Thanks All!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to adddays to a date on the Monthly table?

Please check if the following flow will work for you.

Before starting the flow, please make sure format the type of DueDate column to Text, then input the date manually.

1.PNG

After the action List rows present in a table, add Apply to each, select value from List rows present in a table.

Add Compose with the following code:

addDays(items('Apply_to_each')?['DueDate'],30,'yyyy-MM-dd')

2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to adddays to a date on the Monthly table?

Please check if the following flow will work for you.

Before starting the flow, please make sure format the type of DueDate column to Text, then input the date manually.

1.PNG

After the action List rows present in a table, add Apply to each, select value from List rows present in a table.

Add Compose with the following code:

addDays(items('Apply_to_each')?['DueDate'],30,'yyyy-MM-dd')

2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Mable,

That worked for me. I having some formatting issues to accept the expression from Flow, but this solution gets me past the issue I was having.

Thanks again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (29,382)