Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TristanUTS
Level: Powered On

Adding link to form response in Flow approval chain

G'day

I am trying to create a flow that will allow us to do the following

1. Trigger: Complete a FORM - this would be a request template created using Forms 
  2. Action: Approval of Form submission
  3. Condition: If approved and email will be sent to the person who submitted the form saying it was approved
  4. Action: Task created in Planner for the request

My problem is content, i can make the flow work but when it comes to approval you cant see the content of the completed Form survey. i cant work out how to include a link to the completed form. i can add answers but that ends up a garbled mess same issue for when it adds a task to planner all i get is a form ID or the garbled answers all jumbled together.

Below is a snap shot of the flow i have currently. any help would be great it is driving me crazy.

flow.PNGBegining of flowflow 2.PNGEnd of flow

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Adding link to form response in Flow approval chain

Hi @ TristanUTS,

Do you want to see the content of the completed Form survey when “Start an approval” or “Create a Task”?

Microsoft flow could support to get the Responders’ Email ,Submission time dynamic content and the questions value in action “Get response details” now, the link to the completed form is not supported currently.

You also could post your idea that the flow could support to get the link of the completed form in the Flow Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

As an alternative way, you could add a description before every value’s dynamic content of the completed form in the details of the “Start an approval” action, or the “Title” of the “Create a task” action, so that the answers wouldn’t all jumbled together.

1.png 

The flow would run successfully as below:

2.png

TristanUTS

G'day @v-yuazh-msft

Thanks for that, will post a request for the link to form as that is really what we need, but your solution does make it far less "messy" we want to be able to view the entire form submission at the apporval stage first, so the approvers can assess and approve or reject the form request, then again in planner a link to the form so the person at the other end of that task can open the form request and see exactly what is being requested so they can action.

Cheers

Tristan

DTRINDER123
Level: Power Up

I'm in the exact same position! Did this ever get resolved? Did you find a way around it?

Highlighted
glura

Following.

I'd like the same thing, which is to somehow get to the completed form for review.

There is an Item Link parameter on the "Start and Wait For Approval" flow component but I don't see anything in Dynamic Content that is a Form link.

thanks,

gary

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,096)