cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver I
Resolver I

Adding newly create site to "Site Permissions" section ( XXX/_layouts/15/user.aspx )

Hello !

Hope you are all doing well.

I managed to use Power Automate to create SP groups and add users to them. 

The problem i have is the newly created groups are created at the "root" level but not in the site in the "Site Permissions" section so user that i add to the group still do not have access to the site.

Does someone know how to add a newly created group to "Site Permissions" ?

Thanks a lot in advance !!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello @jinivthakkar ,

Thanks a lot for you answer.

I don't want to add the group to the panel, i simply want to add it to the site, on the "user.aspx" page. because if the group is not at the site level, users have access to the library you grant them access to but they do not see any site (it's like they open a OneDrive with restricted access)

I created flows to automate permission assignment at the root, list, library  and item level  and this works great but i was always missing the site level so people couldn't see the left handed menu and navigate through the site..

But i found the way (thanks to someone from another forum who made me understand this 😄 ) and, in fact ,that was very simple... just using "web" in the URI field of the HTTP request, you have to put: 

/_api/web/roleassignments/addroleassignment(principalid=<GROUPID>, roledefid=<PERMISSIONLEVEL>)

I never figured out that "web" will just add to the site 😛  but...this does the trick !

voila ! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I don't think you can add your custom group here in the site permissions panel, it will only show owners/members/visitors.

You can find your group by clicking on Advanced permission settings.

jinivthakkar_0-1610962550733.png

Try SPFX but I am not sure about it too.

Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello @jinivthakkar ,

Thanks a lot for you answer.

I don't want to add the group to the panel, i simply want to add it to the site, on the "user.aspx" page. because if the group is not at the site level, users have access to the library you grant them access to but they do not see any site (it's like they open a OneDrive with restricted access)

I created flows to automate permission assignment at the root, list, library  and item level  and this works great but i was always missing the site level so people couldn't see the left handed menu and navigate through the site..

But i found the way (thanks to someone from another forum who made me understand this 😄 ) and, in fact ,that was very simple... just using "web" in the URI field of the HTTP request, you have to put: 

/_api/web/roleassignments/addroleassignment(principalid=<GROUPID>, roledefid=<PERMISSIONLEVEL>)

I never figured out that "web" will just add to the site 😛  but...this does the trick !

voila ! 🙂

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (78,610)