Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WK-PA2020
Helper I
Helper I

Adding the approver emails instead of VarApproverString

Hi, 

Is there a difference if I put the approver emails instead of putting the VarApproverString in the Start and wait for an approval?

Actually it is making a problem for me when I put the emails in Initialize Variables then go for start and wait for approval to put the VarApproverString, it is giving an error that the emails do not exist and I have to rearrange the emails in Initialize Variables and it is a long process. 

When I tried putting the emails instead of VarApproverString and I requested the form, unfortunately, it is not jumping from my name and it is sending me an email to approve!!

Page 3 F.jpg

Page 2 F.jpg

page 1 F.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
WK-PA2020
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, 

Also, it is not reaching the Finance in the second step (Finance approval)!

Thanks. 

Waleed. 

Hi, 

This is the fail if I put my email in the initialize string then I put it in the start and approval and I am the requester.  The problem is that it is coming to me to approve even I am the requester and should skip me, also, it is not going to Finance approval and flow fail.

As I described earlier, if I put the VarApproverString in the start and wait for approval it is working but the problem that I have six approvers and it is giving me the error of that they are not existing but for the 3 emails I put now it is ok. 

Fail 1.jpgFail 2.jpg

Hi, 

Any help with this issue? 

Thanks. 

Hi, 

Any help and assistant on this issue. 

Thanks, 

Waleed

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,469)