cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeBuigny

Advanced Condition - testing for time greater than a certain time of the day

So, I have been hammering away at a seemingly simple flow.  The idea is, if i get an email after a certain time of the day, send an auto-response stating that all agents are off work, and for emergency support, follow a process..

So, I create the condition, testing the DateTimeReceived field like this:

@greater(substring(triggerBody()?['DateTimeReceived'],11,8), '17:00:00')

This is based on the following value in the incoming email object...

Received Time

2016-09-12T20:05:44+00:00

Yet, when an email pushes through the flow, I get the following message...

Reason
  • Code
    ActionDependencyFailed
    The execution of template action 'Send_an_email' is skipped: dependant action 'Condition' completed with status 'Failed' and code 'ExpressionEvaluationFailed'.

I have looked around a bit, but was unable to find anything that helps me understand if this can work or not.  I did find this, which suggests I am in the right neighborhood, but have been unable to get an email through the condition check.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?  Any ideas on an alternative solution?

Thanks  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This is known bug similar to this issue as well.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/How-do-you-use-AND/m-p/6929

We also tracked this incident #23150632 and will update you once it fixed (hopefully this week).

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi DeBuigny,

I created a similar simple flow with you, when an email is arrived, if the condition is yes, reply to email. And I configured the condition in normal mode to “Date Time Received is greater than 12:00:00”. When I got an email, a response email would be sent. Then I try to configure the condition in Advanced mode, the flow failed and error message “Action Dependency Failed” occurred. It seems that when we configure condition in advanced mode, the flow would be failed.

For this issue, I would suggest you send a feedback by using the smile icon in flow.

smile icon flow.PNG

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Is that how you officially report a bug?  I tried that last week, but still haven't heard anything back.

This seems pretty simple.  One thing that would be an excellent idea would be better feedback, like perhaps being able to hover over an expression and see the values behind them (particularly in an advanced condition)

This is known bug similar to this issue as well.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Forum/How-do-you-use-AND/m-p/6929

We also tracked this incident #23150632 and will update you once it fixed (hopefully this week).

Thanks

View solution in original post

This fix has beed deployed.

Would you mind to retry again ?

thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (46,098)