cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenHarrison

Advice Please - strip data from CSV and place into email body

Hi All - we have an email that contains a csv extract of maintenance jobs logged by our tenants on a daily basis, can you give me any advice on how I would:

1. Get the data out of the csv file
  2. then place it into the body of an email
  3. to then be emailed to our Customer service team

Sometimes these csv files may not contain any data, as no jobs have been logged on our housing system, but the Customer Services Team need to see at a glance if any have, hence the requirement to have the data in the body of the email, also in a table format and possibly if there are no jobs logged, perhaps a message to say that.

The data currently gets emailed from an SQL reporting services subscription that queries the housing system.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts/advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AWorley
Helper I
Helper I

Hi! I do not believe that you are able to parse out attachments as they must be downloaded before they are decrypted. Exporting the "Get Attachments" spits out encrypted values or random strings. 

You may be able to save the document from the attachment then parse the data; here is a built in template given by Microsoft to copy attachments. 

Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library | Microsoft Power Automate

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AWorley
Helper I
Helper I

Hi! I do not believe that you are able to parse out attachments as they must be downloaded before they are decrypted. Exporting the "Get Attachments" spits out encrypted values or random strings. 

You may be able to save the document from the attachment then parse the data; here is a built in template given by Microsoft to copy attachments. 

Save my email attachments to a SharePoint document library | Microsoft Power Automate

StevenHarrison

Thanks @AWorley 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,143)