cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Uros_SP
Frequent Visitor

Advice on how to create a job queue

Hello,

I would like to create a simple job queue and would like some advice on how I might achieve it.

I have a SharePoint Online List, where users add items to make requests. Once an item is added to the List, I would like to send a notification to a group of users (IT Team). As soon as the new request comes on the job queue, whoever from the IT Team reacts to the request first, will have that "job" assigned to them, so its clear to everyone else not to work on this request as "person x" has got it.

Can someone advise what Power Automate Flow components would be best utilized to achieve the outcome I describe above?

Many Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@Uros_SP 

I suggest the following:

1.  Use a When a new item is created trigger
  2.  Send an email with a link to the edit form of the item
  3.  Instruct the users to claim the ticket by entering their name in the appropriate columns and save
  4. Include a delay and a loop in the Flow.  Use the delay and loop to check to see if anyone has claimed the ticket.  If not, send another email.  If it has been claimed, use a Control Terminate action with Success to end the Flow.  Be sue to change the default settings of the loop (timeout).

There are more elegant solutions but this has the advantage of being quick and easy.

Let me know if you need an example

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (78,195)