cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Allow Requester to select Approver - Send for Approval

Hello everyone,

I am creating a workflow for getting an approval whenever a new item is added or edited on SHarePoint List. I have a unique condition, I want the requestor to type or select any person in our office 365 or microsoft environment to submit the form for the reveiw?

Is it possible?

Kind regards,
Akash.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Here is what you need to do -

Select the Trigger, For A Selected File.

This trigger will allow you to add an input. Click on the + sign in this action and choose Email Address.

Rename the Field to Approver as shown in the Image below.

Post this add your Approval action and in the place where it asks you to fill in the  "Assigned to" field, from the Dynamic content pass on this Approver.

yashkamdar_0-1598543115475.png

Now when you try to run the approval on a selected file, it allows you to enter the name of the person to which you want to send this file for Approval as below -

yashkamdar_3-1598543394988.png

yashkamdar_4-1598543478824.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Here is what you need to do -

Select the Trigger, For A Selected File.

This trigger will allow you to add an input. Click on the + sign in this action and choose Email Address.

Rename the Field to Approver as shown in the Image below.

Post this add your Approval action and in the place where it asks you to fill in the  "Assigned to" field, from the Dynamic content pass on this Approver.

yashkamdar_0-1598543115475.png

Now when you try to run the approval on a selected file, it allows you to enter the name of the person to which you want to send this file for Approval as below -

yashkamdar_3-1598543394988.png

yashkamdar_4-1598543478824.png

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (76,556)