cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ankita2020
Frequent Visitor

Allow Setting null value to the lookup field in Common Data Service (current environment) connector

When we set the null value to the lookup field in Common Data Service (current environment) connector, the flow fails with the following error.

1.png 

When the lookup value contains data it works correctly. But when I want to set it as null above error occurs while setting the value.

I am using below expression to update the lookup value.

if(equals(outputs('Get_Quote_record')?['body/_e8s_estimator_value'],null),null,concat('/systemusers(',outputs('Get_Quote_record')?['body/_e8s_estimator_value'],')'))

FYI, i tried using  ' ' instead of null but it still fail. Any solution?

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
ManishJain Helper V
Helper V

Re: Allow Setting null value to the lookup field in Common Data Service (current environment) connector

Hi Ankita,

Have you tried using the DELETE method the way it is done in web api . Try using Invoke an HTTP Request with Azure AD connector and pass the required parameters

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/common-data-service/webapi/associate-disassocia...

Thanks

Super User
Super User

Re: Allow Setting null value to the lookup field in Common Data Service (current environment) connector

Hello @Ankita2020 .

Unfortunately at this time flow does not support CDS Lookup values to be set as null.

You can try leaving the Lookup value blank. (This might cause issues later on, since you will not be able to filter on them)

You can vote for this feature here:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/Allow-Setting-null-value-to-the-lookup-fiel...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you like my post please hit the Thumbs Up ?

Proud to be a Flownaut!

ManishJain Helper V
Helper V

Hi Ankita,

Please try with Unrelate Records action available in CDS(current). PFA screenshot which I tried removing primary contact from Account

In the item id provide the guid of contact record and URL also provide the guid of account

UnrelateRecord.JPG

Thanks

ManishJain Helper V
Helper V

Also DELETE request works for single valued navigation property using HTTP Azure AD request 

invoke request.JPG

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,710)