cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HumbleGenius
Level: Powered On

Alternative for Excel Get Rows?

Hello MFCommunity, 

What is the alternative for Excel Get Rows? I've attempted to search the forums here, but I haven't found a viable solution. 

I recently had to fill-in for a team member that is no longer with our organization, and upon editing their Flow(s), I've learned that the Excel Get Rows connector has been removed:

No_Flow_Get_Rows.png

Thanks, 

HG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Alternative for Excel Get Rows?

Hi @HumbleGenius ,

Please consider using List rows present in a table action.

Besides, about Excel online connector, if your file is stored in OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Library, you could use Excel Online (Business).

If the file is stored in OneDrive for Personal, use Excel Online (OneDrive).

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @HumbleGenius ,

Please consider using List rows present in a table action.

Besides, about Excel online connector, if your file is stored in OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Library, you could use Excel Online (Business).

If the file is stored in OneDrive for Personal, use Excel Online (OneDrive).

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ofs

I am suffering from the same issue and posted on my own a month ago. Thank you for directing to this thread.

My questions is still on: How can I continue using my Dropbox connector together with it?
I built Dropbox API that creates shared link for people to access my files without Dropbox account. This retrieves an image file name & path from my Excel file sitting in the same directory (applied from this method here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/add-images-to-excel )
I have been able to work without any issues: PowerApps -- Flow (Get Rows) -- Excel file in Dropbox. Now it seems giving me a glitch all the time.

Another question is : Pagination (Expanding Get Data Limit). Since Excel Get Rows cannot retrieve more than 256 data from a table by default, I recently turned on Pagination & raised the max tables limit to 1000. After saving the Flow, my sharing users claimed me they cannot access the image files at all. (They detailed when they submitted their form via PowerApps app, they see "Unknown Error Occured" the red error strip on top of the app while submitting, and the error strip disappear in a second.) Me as an Admin, seems I can submit form data & access image files successfully, but fails 100% from the shared account.

What is this solutions? My 2nd question is more urgent for now. Any advices are very much appreciated. 

980Panama

List Rows Odata filter is not working - I only have one condition "eq" and it is coming up with an error saying only one condition is allowed.

HumbleGenius

Unfortunately List Rows Present in Table doesn't support Filter Query. This is the error that I receive:

"Invalid filter clause: unsupported operation. Only single 'eq', 'ne', 'contains', 'startswith' or 'endswith' is currently supported"

ofs

self-RE to one of my questions above: The unknown error is resolved. It seems it happens when I use Edge browser. Chrome worked smoothly without any glitches. No blame to Edge btw...I'll tell my users to just use Chrome.

What I am still asking is if List Rows Present in a Table supports Dropbox, and when?

hjaf

duplicated message

hjaf

I get the same thing, there is only one Ne/Eq but still produces the error. 

relevant code:

"queries": {
            "source": "groups/**************",
            "$filter": "DistinctionID ne ''"
        },

Nonsense error:

"message": "Invalid filter clause: unsupported operation. Only single 'eq', 'ne', 'contains', 'startswith' or 'endswith' is currently supported.\r\nclientRequestId: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX",

Connector is no longer in "preview", but perhaps its not quite there yet?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 147 members 5,417 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: