cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
james1812
Frequent Visitor

Amount figure shows with 12 decimal places, even though settings are put to 2 decimals. Please help :)

Hi there,

I have created a Purchase Order Approval Flow using Forms and a Sharepoint List. The total amount is calculated from a formula in a sharepoint list, this is set to 2 decimal places and shows at 2 decimal places in the list. However, when this list item is linked to the flow and approval emails are sent, the figure shows with 12 decimal places. 

Is anybody able to help please? 

james1812_0-1608560964389.png

james1812_1-1608561033192.png

Many thanks and kind regards,

Francesca

2 REPLIES 2
Gopala_Krishna
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@james1812 

I think you are using the GET ITEM action of SharePoint to retrieve list of items from SharePoint, can you please check the OutPuts of the action card to see what value is being retrieved in the OutPuts, is that showing with proper decimal places as you see in SharePoint or adding extra decimals.

-- If you are able to see the right value in the OutPuts of the GET ITEM action card, then add a compose action after the GET ITEM and select the amount in that and try using the COMPOSE outputs in all the next steps where you want to use the amount

If the information shared helps you, please consider giving a thumbs up 👍 and mark solution as resolved.

Hi Gopala_Krishna, 

Thank you for your response. 

I am using the CREATE ITEM action for Sharepoint, the OutPuts show the value with extra decimals. Please see below image. 

james1812_0-1608631332697.png

If I add compose function and then try to format the number, this sends an error: 

james1812_1-1608632102481.png

james1812_2-1608632137002.png

I'm out of ideas! 

Many thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,558)