cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Analyze Microsoft Flow approvals in Power BI

I have a Microsoft Flow approval process. By default, Flow logs approval/rejection history in Actions Items -> Approvals.

I would like to use Power BI to setup a report/dashboard which monitors various approvals metrics. For example visualizations for - approved/rejected/ pending, timelines, users approval history, etc. All required columns are already captured in the Flow history. 

Is there a connector or a way to get this data from Flow into Power BI?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Re: Analyze Microsoft Flow approvals in Power BI

Hi @YatinMumbai 

All Microsoft Flow approvals data is stored in the "Common Data Service" CDS within the same environment

You will need to use the CDS connector (premium) within Flow and fetch the details you need

Approvals data is stored in Approval, Approval Requests and Approval Responses entities

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YatinMumbai ,

You could refer to the method mentioned in the following blog to connect the data in the CDS, then find the entity related to msdyn_flow_approve, and transform data to retain the similar fields in the Approval history, and then create a report.

https://www.inogic.com/blog/2018/10/connect-to-the-power-bi-using-common-data-service-cds/

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Do you need to be the Tenant Admin to connect to CDS? I am not.
On providing my credentials and clicking connect this is the message I am getting -
We could'nt authenticate with the credentials provided. Please try again

Annotation 2019-10-15 095534.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @YatinMumbai ,

The server URL you populate seems to be a SharePoint service.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,731)