Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Diguardi
Frequent Visitor

Any Ideas on Power Automate update a row per day

daily.JPG

Good Morning,

I have a daily check list I created with forms. In order to ensure that each employee has done the daily task each day if the week my thought was to have a excel sheet that is saved with the time stamp per day listed monday, tuesday, etc. Save the time stamp and the unique ID for the date. How can I make the flow decide what day it is to put the unique id in the correct day column?

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Diguardi  In this case use utcnow('dddd') it will give day of current date. 

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hardesh15
Super User
Super User

@Diguardi  Please use one compose and pass expression utcnow() this will capture current date and time. After that pass this compose output in your column unique ID. Date & time is itself a unique ID. 

Please 'Thumbs Up' the posts that helped you and 'Mark as Solution' if my post answered your question.

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

update.JPG

@Hardesh15  would the string recognize the day of the week? So then I could condition the flow per day and then 'update a row' per the day column?

Thank you for all the help!!

@Diguardi  In this case use utcnow('dddd') it will give day of current date. 

@Hardesh /Gopenly.in

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,529)