cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chase
Level: Power Up

Any way to add months to a date value?

Does anybody know how I might be able to add months to a date value? I can make it happen with the adddays function but this isn't entirely accurate since months have a different amount of days. 

@adddays(utcnow(),62, 'MMMMMM') works for the most part but will give me the wrong values at the end of months that aren't 31 days long. 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Any way to add months to a date value?

Hi @Chase,

It seems that we do not have the addmonths function in flow for now. Did you mean that if the months are 31 days long, the formula will work? How does the wrong value show?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Chase

Say it's january 30th and I add 31 days,  its going to return to me march as the month instead of February. 31 days almost works but will mess up if the next month is less than 31 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. The function addtotime should solve this, but it does not accept the definition of interval as Months, like the tutorials i have found said. I dont know what is the correct syntax for this function, there are no proper examples.

Super User
Super User

There is an action 'Date Time - Add to time' which takes month as a timeunit, however, when I tried using it to add one month to 1st Feb 2018, I got 4th March 2018 (I'd expect 1st March 2018), so it seems all this does is add 31 days. 😞 

Flow Add Month.png

mltytskr

I escalated this to our Dynamics support team, and it is now resolved. Adding 1 month will take the months number of days into consideration. If you add 1 month to 8/31/2019 you will get 9/30/2019 (you used to get 10/1/2019). Keep in mind, if you add 1 month to 9/30/2019 you will get 10/30/2019.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,514)