cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate III
Advocate III

Appalled by the decision of not including label values in CDS like the recently deprecated D365 actions did...

I have hundreds of workflows managing complex interaction/automation with Dynamics 365.  MS recommends to use the CDS actions instead, but the reality is, those actions don't return label values on lookup fields.  Why is that been abandoned and forcing the flows to become a lot more complex by having the users to lookup the labels on tons of new fields, tables, etc... to make emails and conditions readable...

Power Automate is supposed to be targeted at citizen developers, yet by removing the ability to quickly retrieve lookup label values you are breaking away from the main goal... Needless to say I'm highly disappointed.

I would love to hear from Microsoft about this important issue... and if there an alternative I'm not aware perhaps.

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

@testasdfasfsafa - The lookup field value in the new CDS (current environment) connector can be referenced using oData syntax like this: _fieldname_value

For example, if you want to use a field in the trigger so that it only fires when the lookup field has a certain value, then you would use:

_fieldname_value eq '<value to look for>'

@PowerBack19  The trick you shared is not as user friendly as pulling it directly from Flow and increases the complexity, but I must admit it's good temporary workaround. 🙂

When MS says "Flows for everyone" they are clearly wrong...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,996)