cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sambg
Frequent Visitor

Apply to each output.

Hi all,

I'm a sometime PA user, more versed in HTML and CSS than programming languages.

I'm building approval flows with several steps with each approval passing information down to the next. Power Automate puts downstream approval steps in Apply to each loops. Add in parallel branches, conditions and notifications and the nested loops become quite unwieldly.

What I want to do is get the output from an approval outside of the Apply to each loop but it's not there as an option in the dynamic content.

If I pass the same approval information into a variable, the variable is put in an Apply to each loop. However, unlike an approval in a Apply to each loop, the output of the variable in an Apply to each loop IS available in the dynamic content.

Is it just a quirk of PA that I need to put up with and move on from or am I missing something more fundamental here that I should go and read up on?

Cheers, Sam.

loop logic.jpg

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,644)