cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveM Advocate I
Advocate I

Approval - Actionable Messages

Hi All,

I've set up a flow for an approval, which is working ok, but I'm not seeing the actionable messages in Outlook or OWA.

We're using Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (Outlook 2016), Version 1805 (Build 9330.2124 Click-to-Run), Monthly Channel.  

This is the flow.

Flow.PNG

This is what I see in Outlook and in OWA:

Email.PNG

Any idea why I wouldn't see the actionable messages?  Is this feature fully rolled out or is there something I'm doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaveM Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Approval - Actionable Messages

In our case they weren't working in Outlook or OWA.  Turned out to be caused by us using a third party email filter.  We've since stopped using them and just use Office 365 now and it's working great.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
Super User
Super User

You might want to check the "Other" messages if you are using a focused in box.  If you see the messages there, right click and click on "Move to focised in box" so it doesn't happen again.

Scott

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
DaveM Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Scott,  I can see the email ok in my In Box, I just can't see the actionable message part of the email where it lets you add comments.

Like the first image in this blog post:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/actionable-messages-approvals/

Super User
Super User

Sorry - I didn't read closely....

Does this issue happen to multiple users or just a single user?

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
DaveM Advocate I
Advocate I

Seems to be all users.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DaveM,

Have you click the Approve button or Reject button when you couldn't see the comment field?

You will not see the comment field until you have click the Approve button or Reject button.

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

DaveM Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Alice,

If I click Approve it goes to the flow website where I can leave a comment.  That part is working fine.   I would like to be able to use the Actionable Messages feature to Approve and leave a comment directly from the email, without going to the flow website, as described in this blog post:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/actionable-messages-approvals/

"Now using the Actionable Messages platform, you can respond to your approvals (Approve or Reject) and provide an optional message directly from your inbox!"

Does this feature need to be enabled somewhere?  We are based in Australia and tend to get features later than everyone else, which is why I asked if it had been fully rolled out yet.

DaveM Advocate I
Advocate I

OK, so looking at the email source I can see that the script for the Message Card is being commented out.  Not sure why though...

<html>
<head>
    <!--defang_script type="application/ld+json"-->
    <!-- {
        "@type": "MessageCard",
        "@context": "http://schema.org/extensions",
        "hideOriginalBody": "true",
        "summary": "Microsoft Flow Approval response actionable email card",

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DaveM,

If you would like to provide an optional message directly from the inbox,you could sign in your outlook online,and you could approval the request with comments as screenshot below:

Capture.PNG 

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

DaveM Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Alice,

Outlook online is not working either.  I get the old style buttons that send you to the flow website.

Online.PNG

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DaveM,

The screenshot that you provided seems also the local outlook,please sign in your office 365 on the link bleow:

https://www.office.com/?auth=2&home=1

And sign in the Outlook online as below:

Capture.PNG 

The outlook online would as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

DaveM Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi Alice,

My previous screenshot was using Outlook Online.  Here is another.

Online2.PNG

DaveM Advocate I
Advocate I

Using the flow approval sample at https://messagecardplayground.azurewebsites.net/, I received an email that looked correct and I was able to enter a comment from my In Box.  So I know my Outlook is not the problem.  It's only the approval email from Flow that's not working, possibly because it sends the email from maccount@microsoft.com and not our own domain?

Dorul Resolver III
Resolver III

Looks ok, just tested. But only if you login on https://www.office.com/?auth=2&home=1, as Alice said.

I have both choices, approve/reject, in my mail. Also the comment section.

Untitled.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Brentless Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Following this.  We have the exact same issue.  No matter what, the actionable messages won't load in Outlook.

They load fine for us in OWA.  Running ProPlus version 1806 - so it shouldn't be a version issue.

DaveM Advocate I
Advocate I

In our case they weren't working in Outlook or OWA.  Turned out to be caused by us using a third party email filter.  We've since stopped using them and just use Office 365 now and it's working great.

View solution in original post

Brentless Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Ah, interesting.  We are using O365's Advanced Threat Protection, I wonder if that is impacting actionable messages the same way.  Thanks for the info.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Excuse me, Dave,

We have the exact same situation when using Mimecast which is compromising the approval flow actionable emails.

Did you completely disable the email filter or put a few Microsoft Flow into a white list making the approval messages working properly?

We put “api.flow.microsoft.com” and “flow.microsoft.com”  in the white list but still got no luck.

Thanks!

DaveM Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi,

I tried using whitelists and such, nothing worked.  In the end we ditched the third party filter (Websense) and just use Office 365 for all our email filtering now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveM wrote:

Hi,

I tried using whitelists and such, nothing worked.  In the end we ditched the third party filter (Websense) and just use Office 365 for all our email filtering now.

I see... thank you very much!

There's little I can do, then, based on my company's policies.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,451)