cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamras
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Approval Email - customizing the built-in message

Two things my manager wants me to customize, not even sure its possible but I'm asking anyway. 

1) Change the standard "Request for your input" in the email body to something else (i.e. Request for your approval). 
2017-05-08_1449_001.png

2) Change the message after cilcking the approve or not approve link. It should be more descriptive or indicate what type of error occurred.  

2017-05-08_1449.png

So, yes, it'll be nice to have options to customize them to satisfy our superiors. 🙂

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
liviuo
Power Automate
Power Automate

1. There is currently no way to configure the message title in the approval mail. 

However, we shipped a new, better way to do approvals, more details here:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-modern-approvals/

2. We are working to improve our error messages by providing more details and making errors more actionable whenever is possible.    

Hi @liviuo

I just tested it and its giving a message "A valid Flow plan is required to perform that action."
And this message when I try to switch account:
Failed to create connection for connection id '/providers/Microsoft.PowerApps/apis/shared_approvals/connections/shared-approvals-7D00188F-4D7E-43E7-BB75-944499EDF5C0'. You have reached the maximum number of connections for the 'approvals' API.

We have G3 license which I believe does not have Flow included until July 2017(last we heard).  Anyway, I'm currently using a trial version to get familiar with it once its included in our plan.  But shouldn't the trial version include this?

But the modern approval sounds great. Can't wait to be able to use it.

Thanks

liviuo
Power Automate
Power Automate

We have identified an issue with approvals for certain type of users and we are working to fix that. As an workaround you might try to sign out and then click the "Sign up free" button, uising the same e-mail address. Go through the sing-up wizard and log back in into Flow and see whether the issue still occurs.

I tried that and it gave me the following message:

Sorry...

We can't finish signing you up. It looks like Microsoft Flow isn't currently available for your work or school.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,506)