cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval Emails not always actionable

I've created a 2 step approval workflow within Power Automate and it all appears to be working well. However upon having some users test it I've found that they appear to be receiving 2 versions of the approval request email - one that works dynamically and allows them to approve the file from the email (but for some reason the link to the file here doesn't work) and another which does not let them approve direct from the email but instead redirects them to the approvals area on the Power Automate site (however for this email the link to the file does work). 

I've been unable to replicate this scenario as I always receive the dynamic email but the link to the file does work. 

Ideally I want them to receive the email like I do to avoid confusion. Is there any reason why this is occurring and is there a way to resolve it?

approval email issue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response, we are using Outlook however I found some more information at this link (which was at the bottom of one of the standard emails that our users received).

From this I've determined that the issue is likely linked to step 2 as we are on a older Outlook desktop build than the one in which they've fixed this issue and the fact that the emails display correctly when viewed on the web app. I'm going to look at the recommended temporary reg key fix.

Thanks again for the assistance

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
yashkamdar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello Team,

All email sent by approvals contain two parts,

Part1 is a specialized “actionable message”

Part2 is a standard email message.

Only some email clients support the actionable section

However, when displaying the actionable message the client also offers the “Show original message” link which allows the user to view the standard email message.

In your scenario, I guess you are using an email client that doesn’t support actionable email messages, because it utilizes the specific Microsoft actionable message platform, not all email clients will support it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response, we are using Outlook however I found some more information at this link (which was at the bottom of one of the standard emails that our users received).

From this I've determined that the issue is likely linked to step 2 as we are on a older Outlook desktop build than the one in which they've fixed this issue and the fact that the emails display correctly when viewed on the web app. I'm going to look at the recommended temporary reg key fix.

Thanks again for the assistance

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,073)