cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approval Failed: 500 Bad Gateway

Hello everyone,

I have an approval flow that has failed to follow through over the last 4 hours. It was working properly this whole week and no changes have been made to the flow. When I investigate the problem, it says the flow failed with a "500 Bad Gateway" error report. Flow Error (1).jpg

The error code displays as this:

"error": {
"code": 502,
"source": "flow-apim-msmanaged-na-eastus2-01.azure-apim.net",
"clientRequestId": "12dd0ab1-2039-4cb5-bfde-0c4ded6b384a",
"message": "BadGateway",
"innerError": {
"status": 500,
"message": "One or more errors occurred.\r\nclientRequestId: 12dd0ab1-2039-4cb5-bfde-0c4ded6b384a\r\nserviceRequestId: 12dd0ab1-2039-4cb5-bfde-0c4ded6b384a"

I have been looking this error up repeatedly but none of the other posts that I've found have the "Start and wait for approval" options. They seem to all be addressing the combination of the "Create an Approval" and the "Wait for Approval" options. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jordan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

A 500 error normally indicates that a communication error with the backend service failed.  This could be caused by a service outage at Microsoft or a network disruption.  These kinds of errors are usuallly intermittent.  If they persist you should open a service ticket with Microsoft.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

A 500 error normally indicates that a communication error with the backend service failed.  This could be caused by a service outage at Microsoft or a network disruption.  These kinds of errors are usuallly intermittent.  If they persist you should open a service ticket with Microsoft.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As is menyioned in the link for troubleshooting flow issue,if the error code 500 or 502 appears, the failure is temporary or transient. Click or tap Resubmit to try the flow again:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/fix-flow-failures

Your flow run failed because the "Move file" action run failed, and the "Move file" action works now, please take a try to run your flow again to see if the "Move file" action could work.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (3,353)