cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
novakre

Approval Failing

I have had the same flow in place for 10 months without error but it suddenly stopped working on 7/1/22, despite no changes being made. The flow continuously fails at the "Create an Approval" step and provides the following error message: "Request to XRM API failed with error: 'Message: A record with matching key values already exists. Code: 0x80040237 InnerError: '." 

After searching several boards I have not found a solution to this particular issue. I have tried rebuilding the entire flow from scratch but it continues to fail at the same point.  I have also deleted and recreated all of my approval connections.

novakre_0-1656771277722.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rhiassuring
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi there, 

You're probably going to hate this, but, are you able to wait a day or two? Reading the history of similar requests, it seems to be one of those things that can resolve itself. 

You've probably already seen this, since I see your comment about rebuilding and recreating your approvals - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Approval-failing/m-p/460518#M45398 - but you'll see the comment in the bottom about it just magically starting to work again. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Rhiassuring
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi there, 

You're probably going to hate this, but, are you able to wait a day or two? Reading the history of similar requests, it seems to be one of those things that can resolve itself. 

You've probably already seen this, since I see your comment about rebuilding and recreating your approvals - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Approval-failing/m-p/460518#M45398 - but you'll see the comment in the bottom about it just magically starting to work again. 

ChadVKealey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I had an approval fail this morning with the same error. Must be a service issue. When it resubmitted the flow, it ran without errors.

You were correct. This issue appears to have resolved itself within 3 days. I am still unsure of what caused the issue which is frustrating, as it caused major delays to a critical workflow. In the interim, I created a copy of the flow and removed the approval related steps to ensure there was still communication going to the appropriate parties.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (1,549)