cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Approval Flow no Response

I am working on creating a flow that sends an approval with different options to multiple people. If one of the people do not choose a response in the approval email within say 1 hour (That's the timeout time for the approval process) it would send an email to their manager. The issue I am running into is that if there is no response to the approval, the flow fails (It says the response is of type 'Null'). I have attached my current flow. Is there a way to do something if there is no response?

approval flow.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Re: Approval Flow no Response

Hi and thanks for your question.

The condition you have will be set to run after the approval process is successful, hence the Flow fails as the Approval task is timing out.

What you should do is create a Parallel Branch that runs alongside your condition (and after the Approval process) that deals with the timed-out status.

After you create a parallel branch and put some action in (say, Send an Email or another Approval) you can click the settings icon of the Action (top right) and one of the options is Configure Run After. Click this and set it to run after the Approval action times out.

That should work for you.

- Mark

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @knewman ,

It seems you also want to get an email when the Approval is time out.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi and thanks for your question.

The condition you have will be set to run after the approval process is successful, hence the Flow fails as the Approval task is timing out.

What you should do is create a Parallel Branch that runs alongside your condition (and after the Approval process) that deals with the timed-out status.

After you create a parallel branch and put some action in (say, Send an Email or another Approval) you can click the settings icon of the Action (top right) and one of the options is Configure Run After. Click this and set it to run after the Approval action times out.

That should work for you.

- Mark

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @knewman ,

It seems you also want to get an email when the Approval is time out.

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Zhongys

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This worked perfectly! Thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (6,233)